Head of the department:
i.f.n.dot, Shakarov Qulmat Ashirovich
About the department:
In the years of independence large scale reforms in all types of education, including the system of training skilled scientific and pedagogical personnel, are being implemented in Uzbekistan. On August 29, 1997, the decree of the Republic of Uzbekistan on education and the National Program of Training Personnel have been adopted. According to these documents, a number of leading institutions of higher education have opened Master's departments. According to the National Program of Training Personnel, the Master's department has been functioning at TUIT since the academic year 1999-2000. The department was founded as a separate department according to the decree number 190 of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan on September 10, 2007, on further developing the functions of Master's degree in the education system of the Republic of Uzbekistan and works in accordance with the decree number 36 of the Cabinet of Ministers on March 2, 2015, on confirmation of the statute on Master's.
Today, 306 Master's students are studying in 9 specialties.
Accordint to the decree number 1942 of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on March 26, 2013, on measurements to develop the system of training personnel in the field of ICT, the university has been offering following specialties since the academic year 2013-2014:
- 5A350101-Telecommunication Engineering ("Information Transfer Systems”, "Telecommunication networks”, "Teleradiobroadcasting”);
- 5A330501-Computer Engineering ("Computer systems design”, "Design of practical software products", "Information and multimedia technologies”, "Information security, cryptography and cryptoanalysis”);
- 5A350301-Economics and Management in the field of ICT;
- 5A330601-Software Engineering;
- 5A350601-Informatization and Library Studies.
In accordance with the decree number 2193 of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on June 26, 2014, the following two specialties have been added from the academic year 2014-2015:
- 5A330502-Management of e-government system;
- 5A350602-Electronic Library and Archives
- 5A350104 – Information security in networks and systems of telecommunication;
- 5A350501 – Organization and technology of mail services.
The regional branches offer 5A330501-Computer Engineering ("Computer systems design") for Master's students.
Today, TUIT is a leading university in Central Asia in the field of ICT. As of the decree number 91 of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on June 2, 2005, on developing the system of training specialists in the field of information technologies, it is a trusty institution of higher education in the field of ICT.
There are academic laboratories and rooms, all of which are equipped with modern technologies, for doing the subjects as of the academic plan for Master's degree. That includes 45 multimedia classes, 52 computer classes, and 43 academic and science laboratories and classrooms.
It is also worth mentioning that during the past years, in partnership with AKTRF, JV "O'zbektelecom", Chinese companies such as ZTE and Huawei, "Coscom" LLC, the following science laboratories and the laboratories that work on NGN technology were founded:
"AT-servis va parallel qayta ishlash”;
"Axborot texnologiyalarining xavfsizlik servislari”;
"Tovush signallarini qayta ishlash”;
"Matematik modellashtirish va dasturlash”
"CDMA-450 standartidagi uyali aloqa tizimi”;
"Elektron axborot ta’lim resurslari”;
"Interaktiv o‘qitish sinfi”;
"IPTV o‘quv laboratoriyasi”;
"GSM standartidagi mobil aloqa tizimlari”;
"Optik tolali liniyalar va qurilmalar”;
"Keng polosali simsiz aloqa tizimlari”;
"Zamonaviy telekommunikatsiya tizimi”
These modern laboratories are widely used in the organization of academic processes in Master's studies.
The university provides all the conditions so that Master's students can do their independent work. There are 3 electronic libraries connected to the Internet with the speed of 45 Mbit/s on Tas-IX and 8Mbit/s on the external channel, and 52 computer classes in the faculties. In addition to this, the university area is covered with wireless network (wi-fi).
All the conditions are provided to use information library systems of the Republic, the websites of other institutions of higher education, local and international scientific databases including the electronic information resources database at http://www.tuit.uz (http://www.library.tuit.uz), e-education system (etuit.uz), ZiyoNET educational portal, etc.
As far as training highly skilled scientific personnel considering the trendy tasks of socio-economic development of the country is concerned, 2,200 Master's students have completed their degrees at the university by 2015.
Leading experts from organizations and enterprises under the Ministry of ICT Development, high calibre scholars of scientific and pedagogical institutions of network, and other professors and teachers from institutions of higher educations are engaged in the academic life of TUIT. 80 per cent of Master's dissertation topics are directed towards prior issues and directions in the field, and leading skilled specialists in the field are appointed as science consultants for them.
Achievements of Master's students in a variety of areas have been adequately awarded by the administration of the university, who continue providing all the conditions in order to further promote the students. With the aim of implementing the tasks of the university's plans for the future, talented students are engaged in the scientific research works of the professors and teachers. In addition to this, they are directed to get into senior researcher institutes, while their projects and technical development plans are financed on a competitive basis by the youth foundation "New idea. Investment. Innovation."
During 2014, in order to establish the system of training highly skilled personnel more effectively, different meetings and negotiations were held among students with the participation of 20 professors and teachers from leading South Korean universities, volunteers from KOICA, more than 10 leader specialists from Samsung (as volunteers), continental heads and managers of TeliaSonera and the heads of "Coscom" LLC.
Acquiring deep knowledge and passion for scientific researches are particular qualities of our people. Therefore, our students, who have obtained a certaing level of knowledge, will try to gain further knowledge, to completely master their professional specialty, and will be inclined to achieve completeness and perfection. Master's students of TUIT have been making their contributions for further development of ICT throughout the country.
Objectives and tasks of the Master's department:
- Prepare competitive Master's students who are highly skilled, civilized, spiritually mature, and can meet international standards.
- Administer acadamic processes, prepare class schedules, decide the volume of tasks and monitor them.
- In cooperation with faculties, enterprises and organization under the ministry, create the bases of Master's dissertation topics on the actual issues of the field.
- Draw up cooperation contracts with vocational colleges and academic lyceums and organize the practice of Master's students in mutual cooperation.
- Create projects of orders relating to Master's students and submit them to the rector.
- Raise spiritual awareness among Master's students, and introduce them to morals.
- Organize and carry out admission to Master's studies, and make suggestions and give feedback on admission to supreme organizations in cooperation with the executive of the university.
- Supervise Master's affairs, learn the experiences of foreign countries in its implementation, make measurements to improve its efficiency, and incorporate them into the academics.